Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm with you, Bono

Para mim, um concerto dos U2 é um concerto de emoções. Memória, recordações. Para descrever essa minha relação com a música, uso as palavras do próprio Bono: "This is what people don't understand. There are such strong attachments to the songs, attachments that we have nothing to do with" he says. "I went to see Bruce Springsteen, and he played Promised Land. I was screaming! I was grateful to Bruce, but what was going on was what was in my life when I heard that song first. That's the humbling bit that performers don't want to admit to; they are only a small part of what's really going on."
Mysterious Ways, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Where The Streets Have No Name, New Year's Day ... I was grateful to U2 ... but what was going on, the emotions that were flowing, was what was in my life and who I was when I used to hear those songs. E entre a emoção da memória e as músicas do presente, foi um grande concerto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older