Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I have not become comfortably numb

I can't contain the excitement. All this excitement is bubbling up inside and I need to share it with the world, even if the world doesn't give a damn about Pink Floyd. So, here it goes. I cannot believe I am going to see the re-enactment of The Wall. A tour that started 30 years on from the album release. I'm going to the concert tomorrow!
I know it's not Pink Floyd, I know. It's Roger Waters and the musicians he assembled. But this is the closest it gets to Pink Floyd. I never ever imagined that I would have the opportunity to see Pink Floyd live. I mean, The Wall is an album from 1979. The band does not even exist anymore. This is the closest it gets! And ... there are rumours that David Gilmour will join Roger Waters on stage in one of the concerts of the tour. It hasn't happened so far. I'm hoping it happens tomorrow night, in New York. I have no words to describe how incredibly happy I would be if David Gilmour would be on stage tomorrow with Roger Waters.
I had tickets for the concert in Washington, which was on 10-10-10. October 10. I had to sell those tickets, because I had the wedding of Paloma&Rodrigo in Oviedo on October 9. I'm glad I managed to find tickets for the concert in NY. Now, I went on-line to check reviews of the concert in Washington. The reviews only contribute to my excitement and anticipation. I can't wait for this concert to dazzle me! The set list in NY will most likely be the same they played in Washington DC. FIRST HALF: In the Flesh, The Thin Ice, Another Brick in the Wall Part 1, The Happiest Days of our Lives, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, Mother, Goodbye Blue Sky, Empty Spaces, What Shall We Do Now, Young Lust, One of My Turns, Don't Leave Me Now, Another Brick in the Wall Part 3, The Last Few Bricks, Goodbye Cruel World. SECOND HALF: Hey You, Is There Anybody Out There?, Nobody Home, Vera, Bring the Boys Back Home, Comfortably Numb, The Show Must Go On, In The Flesh, Run Like Hell, Waiting for the Worms, Stop, The Trial, Outside the Wall.
I'll say it again. I cannot believe I am going to this concert!
I remember being 9 or 10 years old and listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall playing loud in the living room, the house brimming with sunlight on a Saturday morning. I heard it many many times during my childhood but it was the sound of a Saturday morning full of sunlight that stayed more vividly in my memory. I love all Pink Floyd, but most especially the albums The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall and The Final Cut. Can you imagine?! The Wall, with Roger Waters, in 2010?! ... I know this album by heart, I know the sequence of the songs, I know all the lyrics to all the songs. Comfortably Numb is perhaps one of my favourite songs of all time, not only because of the guitar solo but also the lyrics. Comfortably Numb. With all the excitement I feel about this concert, I think I can happily say that I have not become conformably numb after all!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rita Martins said...

E eu roída de imbeija!! Pois, Comfortably Numb também costumava ser a minha favorita, incontáveis vezes ouvida, sorvida, assimilada nos quatro cantos da sala... Daquelas coincidencias... Diverte-te, Sinapse! Ficas com a responsabilidade de relatar aos nao tao sortudos!

02 November, 2010 19:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older