Monday, July 19, 2010

How does it feel, David Bowie?

How does it feel to know that so many people, of all age groups, are still so much into your music? I was on my way to work this morning and your voice was in my head. In my head, because the headphones left and right make it sound as if you're singing in the middle of my head. It was Life on Mars? and you know how it starts with a few piano notes framing your voice. Your voice in my head. On the iPod shuffle, Life on Mars? was followed by The Man Who Sold the World. I have to say I like Kurt Cobain/Nirvana's version more. But Kurt Cobain is dead and I can't ask him how does it feel to know that so many people are still listening to his music or how does it feel to know that his music is a legacy? Anyway, this is about David Bowie, not Nirvana or Kurt Cobain. David Bowie and Moonage Day Dream, Rock'n'Roll Suicide, Suffragette City, Queen Bitch, Ziggy Stardust. Bowie and the album Santa Monica '72 . I have it in vinyl. I will frame it and it will become artwork on my wall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older